Facebook Friday -- Advanced Facebook Marketing
Last week I had the opportunity to speak to a group of business owners. This event was sponsored by the Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce and they did a wonderful job making sure that I had everything I needed for my presentation. Several questions came up in the discussion so I have decided to post a Facebook tip every Friday.
One of the questions asked frequently was what do you do if two business pages have been created for your business?
You can actually combine those two pages into one business page. Facebook requires that it is obvious that both pages belong to the same business and the names must be similar as well.
You can do this in the following manner:
- Go to facebook.com/pages/merge
- You will be prompted to enter your password for security purposes.
- Using the form provided, in the first drop down box select the page you want to keep.
- In the next drop down box, select the page to be merged,
- Click on the Merge Pages button.
- You will be shown a confirmation page showing you the page to keep and asking for your confirmation.
- Click Confirm.
- The pages will be automatically confirmed.
If for some reason Facebook will not automatically merge the pages, you will be given the opportunity to create a manual request to do this. Fill out the form, click submit, and Facebook will manually determine whether the two pages can be combined.