Using a Blog To Grow Your Business
You have your own business and now you have your own website. Despite this you may not be getting the website traffic you were hoping for. What can you do to help increase your traffic? Search engine optimization (SEO) can be a tricky game of cat and mouse just to get your site noticed. Content is an important part of the SEO process and one way to increase your content and level of expertise is with a Blog.
As part of your search engine optimization strategy it is a good idea to build a blog into your website. What better way to add updated content on a regular basis to your website than through a blog and increase your website traffic on a regular basis. Here are some things to consider when creating your blog:
- Write about something that excites you.
- Write about something you know.
- Write about something you are passionate about.
- Be honest. People will call you out on information that is not correct.
- Set goals for your blog that are attainable. (Example: Refer 5 potential customers each week to read your blog or write at least 1 new post each week for your blog.)
- Blogging is a long term commitment and it may take up to 6 months to see the results of your hard work pay off increased traffic. BUT IT IS WORTH IT!
- Be persistent, you will succeed.
- Think of your blog as part of your brand.
- Promote your blog on your social media accounts.
- Thank your readers for following and/or reading your blog.
- Have FUN with your blog!
I hope you find this information useful and helpful. If you would like to discuss our in-depth website design, local online advertising options, web marketing and web maintenance plans which would assist you in marketing your products and services, please contact Elm Street Technology & Design at 585-567-2010 or check out our website at http://elmstreettechnologies.com